RECALL * Ford Edge Latch Door Ajar Dome lights stay on * RECALL

Please call the number at the end of the slide show to report this issue so that a RECALL can be initiated by the gov, it is obvious Ford will not act.
Video Rating: / 5

1. Sheri Weber says:

for Canadians who want to file a complaint with this same issue or another issue perhaps, call 1-800-333-0510 (no charge)

2. Pankaj Mankad says:

2011 Ford Edge: Inside dome light stays on. Safety issue when reversing as one cannot see anything outside when it is dark, and due to inside light staying on..Had it repaired twice by a Ford dealer. Ford must fix it.. Does any one know how to manually turn the dome lights off for ever? Help..Thanks.

3. Laurie Totten says:

I just bought a 2007 ford edge…I'm having the door ajar…not locking..Dome light issue…

4. Susanne Wolff says:

I have the same problem on my 2001 Ford F150.The interior dome light stays on and so does my rear cabin light.Both lights stay on as I'm driving.I've tried youtube and can't seem to find any info.Any help out there!

5. J Haltom says:

I'm not holding my breath and waiting for a recall to be issued.  Anyone have a solution as to how to fix yourself?  Doesn't seem like it would be too complicated… hopefully

6. Huron Williams says:

My 2011 Ford Edge Limited was purchased February 07, 2015. I notice that sometimes it would show door ajared warning light. I would have open and close my door several times before the light go off. Then it progress to the point now it's permenant. Now doors won't lock while driving, interior lights momentarily stay on and the alarm beeps twice ( warning that the door ajar is keeping it from setting properly.

7. Bruce Wall says:

Very common on several other models of Fords too.
    My 2013 Ford Flex has the same issue, dealer refuses to fix under CPO warranty – claims the door handle assembly is a wear and tear part – like brake pads, or windshield wipers and therefore NOT covered.  $425 repair

8. Nelda Melo-Martinez says:

Thank you so much on this very important information, i am defiantly going to call and voice my concerns as i am at my wits ends trying to get the ford dealership to acknowledge this is not an isolated incident as they suggested. I googled it and found numerous complaints word for word on the problem i am having with the "door ajar" indicator on my 2011 ford edge. Its sad to think that someone will have to be killed in order for ford to take a serious look into this obvious defect.

9. K Kay says:

To file a complaint, please call 1-888-327-4236 or TTY 1-800-424-9153.

To file an online complaint form or to request that a form be emailed to you, go to https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq

I am the owner of a 2013 Ford Edge Limited and know numerous other Ford Edge owners with this same issue.