Archive for Smart Meter Dangers

SmartMeter catches fire in vacuum shop.mp4
Video Rating: 5 / 5

Two Fires, Appliances blown by Smart Meter They replaced the old meter with a smart meter, had a fire. Then, they replaced the smart meter with new analog. T…
Video Rating: 5 / 5

Texas Smart Meter Fire

Video Rating: 5 / 5

Pat Wrigley, a brave former meter reader (fired for whistle blowing) testifies at a California Public Utilities Commission Hearing in Santa Rosa, Ca.. [Pleas…

Fire from Smart Meter

Nanaimo house experiences a Fire and other strange events after the new Smart Meter was installed.

The installation of smart meters is compulsory in hundreds of thousands of homes across the country, but there are real concerns about their safety.
Video Rating: 4 / 5

Shake-ups at Vernon, Pinetop Fire among top stories of 2013

Shake-ups at Vernon, Pinetop Fire among top stories of 2013
As part of their public awareness campaign on the installation of new advanced metering infrastructure meters (AMI, aka smart meters), Navopache Electric Cooperative (NEC) held a meeting at the Springerville Town Hall Oct. 15. This was the second …
Read more on White Mountain Independent

New Years Eve Goal for BWL Power Restoration
"Until smart meters are in place we can never definitively know which home is on and which on is out. We are in the process of … Lansing Police and Fire Departments are still doing door- to-door welfare checks in the dark areas. Anyone can call 9-1-1 …
Read more on WILX-TV

Sanger efforts bear fruit, save money, draw business
Credit rating company Standard & Poor's recently awarded a strong A+ rating to a $ 4.1-million, 30-year bond to install a water meter and leak detection system throughout the city. … Sanger was also rated stable for a $ 1.32-million general obligation …
Read more on Fresno Business Journal

Smart Meter Fires Explained

Smart Meter Fires Explained

Video Rating: 4 / 5

Smart Meter Fire – Just how safe are they again?

Smart Meter Fire -  Just how safe are they again?

Uploaded by MrHillDo on May 18, 2011 One day old smart meter short circuits and starts burning.

Energy supplier denies blame for fire

Energy supplier denies blame for fire
The company also removed the charred smart meter from the property and sent staff door to door within hours of the fire to inspect switchboards at neighbouring houses. The fire, on July 26, spread up the side of the weatherboard house and into the roof …
Read more on The Age

Smart Meters, Bath Salts, and the KKK
The Memphis City Council gives Memphis Light, Gas & Water the green light to purchase 60,000 smart meters for $ 10.1 million. In the months leading up to approval, some citizens voice concerns about smart meters as fire and health hazards. Some even …
Read more on Memphis Flyer

Posted: Wednesday, January 1, 2014 12:00 am
For co-op members who have concerns and are withholding judgment, a successful no vote result on the ballot, if KIUC complies with the wishes of the majority, will ensure that smart meters can be removed in the future without incurring an expensive …